Touch of Health’s annual scholarship for single mothers
In today’s world, it is much easier to have a great income when you have an education degree. In addition, secondary and tertiary education increases the educational attainment of each person being educated, which is good for society. However, because of the need to spend on more necessary things (like taking care of their loved ones’ lives), not everyone can increase their education. Because of this, Touch of Health offers an annual scholarship for single mothers.
This scholarship will help a single mother cover part of her tuition, making her financial situation much easier. With this scholarship, a mother will be able to enhance her education while still being able to spend her own financial resources to provide for her children.
We want our community to become more educated. And we believe that an annual stipend will be a good motivation for single mothers to improve their education.
The application process
To apply for a scholarship from Touch of Health, write a 600+ word essay about how important education is to your children and the opportunities it provides, whether you plan to educate your children, and how difficult it is for you financially.
Write an essay and explain your answer.
After reviewing the applications, we will select 5 finalists to receive the scholarship. The Touch of Health staff will select the winner. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship.
The scholarship may be used to cover education-related expenses, such as tuition fees, registration costs, supplies and books.
Scholarship Applicant Criteria
Scholarship applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a single mother.
- You should have US citizenship.
- You must also be legally single and not living with a partner
- Low-income single mothers are eligible to apply and will be enrolled in an accredited, not-for-profit 2 or 4-year institution in the fall are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be received by December 1, 2021
- Winner will be notified via email on or before January 22, 2022. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship.
- Submissions are accepted via email by Touch of Health (we are not accepting print applications) email: info@TOHMC.com must include: ‘Scholarship’ in the subject
- You accept that your essay will be published on the Touch of Health website and social media if chosen as a finalist
- It is necessary to provide documents on the children and the divorce papers in the case of winning. You will also need proof that you live alone, that is, you are a single mother.
- By submitting your essay, you authorize Touch of Health to post the material on its website and social media channels.
The difficulties of single mothers
Recently, a large number of single mothers have become the norm in modern society. Most single-parent families in the United States consist of single mothers and, consequently, their children. And these mothers have to deal with difficult living conditions, taking care of the household and taking care of the material and non-material needs of their children.
In the United States, more than 80 percent of single-parent families are single mothers. Half of them have only one child in the family, and 30 percent of families with single mothers have two children each. Moreover, most of these mothers are under 30 years old.
When there is only one parent in a family, it can be much harder for them to provide all the things their children need to go to school or just to have a good life. Not every mother is able to buy her children good equipment for school, books, or just enough stationery. More than 50 percent of families with single mothers have an annual income of less than $25,000. This level of earnings can later affect the future lives of children, who will not be able to get the level of education they need and will also be forced to live on low wages. Breaking this cycle of poverty can be done by increasing the level of education of single mothers, who will eventually be able to provide more educational opportunities for their children.
It is also worth noting that in addition to low-income problems, some single mothers have to deal with the problem of insufficient payment of alimony due to them by law. Only a third of single mothers receive alimony, and the average amount of alimony received is $300 per month.
In addition to all of the above, there are other important factors that speak to the need for better education for single mothers:
- single mothers are more likely to experience poverty than families with both parents;
- almost half of children in poor families have only their mother as a parent;
- large numbers of single mothers have been divorced or widowed;
- 40 percent of single parents in the U.S. work in low-paying jobs;
- only 24 percent of U.S. single mothers receive unemployment benefits.
About Touch of Health Medical Center
Touch of Health Medical Center is dedicated to treating and recovering from injurie. One of the main activities of the center is to provide treatment after car accidents. Therefore, anyone who was involved in a car accident and suffered an injury of the spine, arm, knee, leg, shoulder, or any other part of the body, can apply to the Touch of Health medical center for help and receive high quality treatment.
Our medical center has a wide range of services that focus on treating injuries and recovering from them. Depending on the extent of your injury, our specialists will prescribe the treatments you need. For example, for some patients, an MRI scan and further treatment based on the results of this procedure may be necessary. Other patients may be prescribed massage therapy. However, it is possible that at different times of treatment you may be prescribed both.