Cardiac MRI in Orlando is one of the most efficient examination methods that allows checking the organ condition at the moment: the shape, size, parameters of the ventricles, the structure of the myocardium, the presence of atherosclerotic plaques and vasoconstriction, as well as anomalies in contractility. Cardiac MRI is one of the most effective methods of monitoring the cardiorespiratory system of the human body, helping to solve a wide range of diagnostic problems, to cure various diseases in the early stages.
This medical study is rather universal since it is permissible to do the cardiac MRI for children, seniors and disabled, since it is harmless and has a minimum of contraindications, which we will talk about later. Moreover, MRI can be done more often than X-ray or, say, computed tomography, but the frequency of such must be prescribed by the doctor.
How should I Prepare?
Cardiac MRI with contrast is carried out on an empty stomach, it is necessary not to eat and drink fluids for four to six hours before the examination. In this case, the medications prescribed by the attending physician must be taken. Otherwise, no other preparation is needed.
Before the examination, the patient will be asked to undress his underwear, remove all jewelry from himself, if there is a removable denture, it is also advisable to remove it, and put on a clean cotton medical gown. Your blood pressure will be measured and, if there are no contraindications, you will be invited to the MRI examination room.
What does an MRI of the Heart Show?
Cardiac MRI scan is very efficient in the following matters:
- to identify lesions with concomitant assessment of the degree of damage and the area of the spread of pathology;
- to assess the size of the atria and ventricles in order to diagnose pathological changes in the walls of the ventricles;
- to reveal the presence of deposits on the walls of large vessels of an atherosclerotic and calcified nature;
- identify the presence of post-traumatic complications, for example, pericardium, aneurysm, rupture of the tissues surrounding the heart;
- evaluate the therapy course and determine the plan of rehabilitation.
Traditional cardiac MRI without contrast does not show vascular pattern well in all situations, therefore, in some cases, contrast enhancement is performed.
What are the Risks of an MRI?
Disadvantages and risks of the examination:
- rare complications – local numbness, muscle discomfort, increased anxiety inside the device;
- a slight increase in body temperature at the scan site;
- the possibility of an allergic reaction to a contrast agent.
Presently the diagnostic imaging cardiac in Orlando is the most specific and accurate study which helps to determine a number of diseases at initial stages.
After MRI of the heart, each patient receives:
- CD with the study recorded on it;
- the diagnosis of the MRI doctor.
These are usually sent in the evening by e-mail (at the request of the patient) or transmitted the next day, since the analysis of the study obtained requires a calm and thoughtful assessment and takes at least 1-2 hours for each patient.
Mark Biondi, DC
Doctor of Chiropractic
Michael Thomas, DO
Touch of Health Clinic
Our center is located near these locations:
Pine hills, Downtown, Winter garden, Metrowest, Altamonte, Apopka, Ocoee, Windermere, Doctor Phillips, Belle isle, Pine castle, Edgewood , Baldwin Park, College park, Millenia, Winter park, Goldenrod, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, Casselberry, Azalea, Oviedo, Lake Mary.